Need food supplies due to COVID-19?
If you live in the Manchester City Council area and need emergency food support through the coronavirus crisis, please contact the Manchester Community Response Helpline on 0800 234 6123.
Full details of the support available from Manchester City Council is available here:
Dear members, volunteers, supporter and friends,
In keeping with communities across the globe, we have watched the news of COVID-19 with concern. And we are aware that the spread of the virus will be causing a great deal of anxiety for many of you too.
So, I want to personally reassure you that we are doing everything we can to continue to provide our food service and to outline the measures that we are taking to ensure that we can keep TBBT operational throughout the COVID-19 crisis.
Our priority is to you, our staff and our suppliers. We are acting on all government advice to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Here are some steps that we are taking to help:
* All staff (and our suppliers) are vigilant in observing guidance around hand-washing. We have very stringent cleanliness policies but we are increasing the frequency of cleaning of our vans and warehouse.
* From Monday, we will stand down our volunteer packing teams and pack all bags centrally at the warehouse. These will then be loaded into the vans and brought to our usual hubs for distribution. You will be notified by text as usual about the collection times.
* We have given our staff additional support as we know that individuals may need extra help at this time and we're keeping everyone in touch with our plans, new government advice and processes.
* We are working very closely with all of our suppliers to ensure that our strong relationships are maintained so that we can continue to provide you with the quality of service and food that you have come to expect and rely upon.
* Where necessary - for example if a school hub is closed - we will be working with new community partners or making new access arrangements which will enable to keep serving you. Any changes will be texted as normal.
* We are exploring the possibility of extending the service with new delivery options. These will be communicated when they are ready.
We know that in the coming days and weeks there is likely to be an increase in demand on our services. If you know anyone who would benefit from our work, please do ask them to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if you are a TBBT member who is sick or self-isolating, we are working with our community partners to try and get your regular delivery gets to you. As this develops we will update you.
As a community focused organisation, we are desperately sad to be changing our operation in a way that means losing our unique community interaction with our volunteers and the chance to be social at our distribution hubs. But we recognise that we must prioritise the operation of TBBT and be mindful to minimise social interaction.
The situation is ever changing and we will continue to stay in contact with you and make additional changes to our plans to respond effectively on a daily basis. Stay safe. Stay healthy. We're thinking of you all. And we'll be there for you to keep the food coming.
Mark and all of us at TBBT